Friday, February 1, 2013

Sew and Tell!

As promised, here are a couple more of the projects I've finished up lately.

The purse was completed right before New Years. I wanted something nice to take to the New Year's salsa dance I went to, as well as the wedding on the 19th.
I put interfacing on both the outer and inner layers, so it would hold shape as a clutch purse.  Currently clutch purses are the only ones I can stomach. I'd still switch to a wallet in a heart beat if women's pants were actually  designed to handle that.   Since they aren't, I try to keep things as minimal as possible.
I wasn't 100% happy with how I executed the sides of the purse, but overall, especially since I free handed the whole thing, I'm very happy with it.

The table runner, in a fun fall pheasant scheme, matches the ones I made for various relatives this Yule. I liked them so much I had to have one too!  It may not come out to decorate my house until the end of next summer, but I'm ok with having it done early. :-D

On the list next for the sewing room is a padded bag for Dave to carry the coffee press in for camping trips. Also, some more clothing for me I think. Probably need to sew a few diapers or covers too, just to keep up with things on that front.  I have curtains for the living room to design, and a large quilt (butterflies!!) to design, well it's already designed, but I'll need to tweak the design that the pattern has, to match the fabric I have and the finished size I need. :-D  Because how boring would it be to just follow some one's directions?! lol



-Jennie

No comments: